Kersten UK are distributors of Aspen Fuel, an environmental fuel made from the cleanest form of petrol available – alkylate petroleum. These fuels are specifically designed for use in small capacity 2-stroke and 4-stroke engines. Aspen fuel is made in Sweden and is the petrol predominantly used in chainsaws, strimmers, lawnmowers, portable generators, portable stoves and lamps and marine engines. When you bring your machine to us for a service at Reading Garden Machinery we use Aspen and give your machine back to you with Aspen in the tank. We believe in the product.
With all of these potential uses for Aspen fuel, here are the Top 10 reasons to use Aspen:
Better for People and the Environment
- Virtually free from toxic substances which can cause headaches, fatigue, nausea and damage to the nervous system.
- Virtually free from benzene which can cause leukaemia.
- 99% less toxic hydrocarbon exhaust emissions compared to pump fuel – this will make you feel much better and drastically reduce the risk of petrol related illness.
- Ordinary petrol is classified as toxic – alkylate petrol is only classified as harmful.
- Lower emissions of sulphur, which contributes to acidification of lakes. Aspen also reduces the formation of ground-level ozone by 40%.
Better for Machinery
- Specially designed for small engines, Aspen’s high quality and pure properties provide easier starting, cleaner burning and smoother running – optimising engine performance.
- Aspen 2 is premixed with fully synthetic 2-stroke oil at 50:1 and will work in any air cooled 2-stroke engine – this premixed formula eliminates the risk of incorrect mixtures.
- Can be stored for up to 5 years without any deterioration in quality. Normal pump fuel starts to deteriorate after 30 days.
- Reduces engine wear and prolongs machinery life.
- Contains no unsaturated hydrocarbons which means that there will be no build-up of gum in carburettors. Valves and pistons will be kept cleaner with lower carbon build up, lowering maintenance costs as a result.
If the information in this article has made you think more about using Aspen fuel in your machinery then please contact us – or drop in to our store in Reading to learn more!